Skip to main content

Snippets

I have not taken many pictures lately...I have not done a lot of things on my to-do list actually, but that's okay. I have had some wonderfully precious conversations with Leah. I wish I could record them, because sometimes they are so wacky and hilarious, and then I can't even remember how they went when I try to write them down, because I'm just not sure how her little mind gets from A to B! Here are some of my favorites that I did get written down quickly enough:

One day in the car on the way home from school/daycare:

Me: What are you learning about during circle time this week Leah?
Leah: We're talking about space! I want to be a astronaut!
Me: Wow, I think that would be awesome. Will you write me a letter from space if you go there in a rocket ship?
Leah: No, silly! Astronauts don't have paper! They just have buttons.
Me: Oh, I see. Maybe you could take a picture of space for me then.
Leah: Moooom, I'm not going to bring a camera in the rocket!
Me: Okay, well then will you come be a guest speaker in my science class when you get back from space? I think my students would really like to meet someone who had been to space.
Leah: Ummmm...no I don't think so. I'm just gonna have to take my rocket ship back zooming to my garage. And then I'll probably get in my jammies and have some cereal.
Me: Okay. I guess being an astronaut would make you tired, huh?
Leah: Yeah. That's why I'd need my jammies.

One night at bedtime, when Leah is being tucked in... For the fourth time.

Leah: Mom, WAIT!
Me: What is it Leah? One more thing.
Leah: I'm scared.
Me: Can you tell me what you're scared about?
Leah: There's a monster by that curtain.
Me: There's no monster there Leah, monsters are just pretend. They're not real.
Leah: NO! THERE IS A MONSTER!
Me: Okay, listen up monsters! If there's any monsters in here you better go, because Lucy-dog will come get you if you don't!... Okay, that should do it Leah. Try to close your eyes. Remember your guardian angel is watching over you, too.
Leah: Mommy - wait! Look! Look at the curtain!
Me: What is it?
Leah: It's an invisible cheerleader! She's going to protect me! She's gonna be with my angel and keep me safe!

(Not sure how I feel about this invisible cheerleader protectress, but she did go to sleep after that!)

Another night at bedtime, when Daddy was out of town.

Me: Time for pajamas!
Leah: (Instant tears) But I didn't get to do wrestley wrestley with daddy yet! I get two minutes of wrestling! We have to wait, we have to wait for daddy to come home from baseball!
Me: Honey remember daddy is away at a hotel tonight. He went on a little trip for work. Remember we talked to him on the phone and said goodnight?
Leah: Yeah.
Me: I'm sure daddy will have wrestling time with you when he gets home.
Leah: Can you wrestle me?
Me: I don't know if I can do those moves daddy does.
Leah: Just one stunner?
Seriously, does my 3 year old know what a "stunner" is? Because I don't! She seemed satisfied by being tossed onto the couch once or twice though...


Comments

lol! I think the last one is my favorite. I'm glad Ryan finally has someone who ENJOYS being wrestled. haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Aaaaaaaattttttt Llllaaaaassstt....

Greetings friends, Thanks to all your prayers and support over these last months, my job search is finally over.  It ended where it began, in the principal's office at Marian High School, a Catholic high school in Mishawaka, IN, about 5 minutes from our house. I will be teaching 11th and 12th grade English-- 4 sections of honors Junior composition, and 1 Senior world literature course.  Both Nicole and I are very excited about this opportunity, as we will now be on the same schedules with breaks and will, of course, have the summers off to travel and visit all of you, our family and friends. I am observing the teacher who is resigning over the next week, and I will begin on my own Monday, November 3, just in time for Nikki to go into labor, necessitating my finding a sub for a week or so?!  Oh well, what can you do? Thanks again to all of you who have prayed earnestly that this challenging time would pass.  We are truly blessed by all of you.

Entertainment

Leah is singing, singing, singing these days... Some nights we hear her singing all kinds of songs to herself after we put her to bed. One of her new favorites is "Twinkie Doodle." We tried to teach her how to say "Yankee" for a while and then figured, why bother? We like this Twinkie Doodle character better. The other video is her very first knock knock "joke." Often while I am cooking dinner she hangs out in the kitchen with me, being my helper and entertainment in one.

The Nursery Progression

Here are some pictures of the nursery in stages.  The first few show just plain primed walls with painting tape.  The next couple show us starting to paint, followed by the adventure that was putting up the chair rail.  The last photos are finishing the painting, doing some touch ups, and the finished product.  It was a lot of fun, and Nicole's nesting urges were satisfied for the time being.  We're doing a ladybug theme, with the green and pink being the dominant colors. We do have some accents like picture frames, shelves, and hanging baskets that are being painted red.  All we need now is some baby furniture.  Enjoy the photos and comment away.