Skip to main content

Miami Trip

Can life get any better than eating bacon
while relaxing near a tropical fountain?
No, my friends, it cannot.

We just had a wonderful weekend in Miami where we celebrated Danny and Danielle's wedding and saw lots of family we don't see nearly enough. It was a fast trip over the weekend, but we managed to lounge by the pool and eat slow drawn-out breakfasts which was wonderful. Lots of fun pictures below...I tried to put them in order, but that didn't work out and I wasn't about to re-upload them!

Dancing with Daddy
Still has the dimples!

The weekend involved lots of twirling with Uncle Greg,
who apparently never gets dizzy.
Grammy and Papa with Leah
All 8 of us!
I think I've got him by quite a bit by now...

Danny as Danielle was walking down the aisle.
The ceremony was beautiful!

Auntie J.J. and the Kook.
Leah stayed in the pool until absolutely pruney every day!




Sleepy in the airport on the way home...

Congratulations Danny and Danielle!

Comments

Grandma Dainty said…
It was the best of times and a beautiful wedding and wonderful weekend with family!
had so much fun! love the pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Persuasive Essays

My sixth grade class has been working on persuasive essays this quarter, and one of their first assignments was to write a persuasive piece on what Mr. and Mrs. Dainty should name their baby! They worked in partners, and they got to choose either a girl's name or a boy's name. Their responses were quite interesting and they have certainly given us some chuckles. Here are some of the highlights. (Spelling and grammar errors have been left in for comedic purposes.) Most Unique Supporting Details "Isabella is a perfect name because Queen Isabella helped supply Colombus for his trip across the sea. When we were younger we wished that there were famous people with our names. Many people may think Isabella is a weird name, but we think it is very beautiful." "I picked the name Tera because it is easy to spll , and Tera sownds like she will be smart like her mother. Her mother is so smarte . And she will want to be a techer like her." (This child obviously ...