Skip to main content

Hooray for Sun!

Today, the sun was actually shining - the snow on the sidewalks was melting and everything!  It was shining long enough for me to bundle up myself and Leah after school, find Lucy's leash, dig out the jogging stroller, clean off the cobwebs, and go for a little jog/walk with my little friends.  They were both incredibly excited about it.  

Leah kept saying, "Nooooo!" when I put the weather guard down so she wouldn't have wind in her face, and giving me the dirtiest looks through the little window on top of the stroller.  She would pull the clear shield to the side and stick her bundled little head out into the breeze.  What a kook!  She loves the snow and wind - a true midwest kiddo.  Then, there was Lucy, who hadn't been in close proximity to a squirrel in a week or so and could barely contain her hunting instincts.  Lucy kept walking into the stroller, because she didn't want to walk in snow and puddles.  (?!)  I honestly thought the tire was going to wear off a patch of her fur she was walking so close.  Leah thought her antics were hilarious, while I found them a bit obnoxious.  It was a fun mini outing none the less, and I am always grateful for a sunny day in winter!  

The pictures below are from a few snows ago when I took Leah and Lucy out into the backyard for some exploring...until Leah got tired of wearing mittens and I was afraid the Lucy kisses would lead to frostbite...






Comments

Anonymous said…
How much fun! Thanks for the cute pics!. Love you all.

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Persuasive Essays

My sixth grade class has been working on persuasive essays this quarter, and one of their first assignments was to write a persuasive piece on what Mr. and Mrs. Dainty should name their baby! They worked in partners, and they got to choose either a girl's name or a boy's name. Their responses were quite interesting and they have certainly given us some chuckles. Here are some of the highlights. (Spelling and grammar errors have been left in for comedic purposes.) Most Unique Supporting Details "Isabella is a perfect name because Queen Isabella helped supply Colombus for his trip across the sea. When we were younger we wished that there were famous people with our names. Many people may think Isabella is a weird name, but we think it is very beautiful." "I picked the name Tera because it is easy to spll , and Tera sownds like she will be smart like her mother. Her mother is so smarte . And she will want to be a techer like her." (This child obviously ...