Skip to main content

More pictures of Leah Catherine

Leah has recovered very well from the stress she experienced during her birth, and these beautiful pictures were taken after only two days.  We are still awaiting a couple blood test results, but anticipate that Leah will accompany us home on Friday, as she is starting to feed regularly.  She even spent the night with us in our room last night!!  Enjoy the pics.



I call this "piercing maternal stare"

I call this "dad's goofy smile"

Grandma's first time holding a grandchild...

... same with this grandma

... and this new grandpa.

Comments

Anonymous said…
she is so gorgeous---i so wish i could hold her and welcome her and tell her what a gift she is to our family!
Gongrats, she is so cute. There is no turning back now. But it's worth every sleepless night.
ses said…
She's beautiful! I can't wait to see you three as a new family! What a special time of year be born - this is my favorite time of year. I'm thankful for (your) safe delivery! Thanks for sharing your new daughter with us.
hannah joy said…
She's a beautiful little Dainty Baby:)

I can't wait to meet her...whenever that may be!

Peace to your darling family.
Amber said…
Oh so precious! I hope you guys are on your way home now and settling in to this new adventure :) Love you.
Unknown said…
Congratulations Nikki and Ryan! She is beautiful!
-Betsy

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Persuasive Essays

My sixth grade class has been working on persuasive essays this quarter, and one of their first assignments was to write a persuasive piece on what Mr. and Mrs. Dainty should name their baby! They worked in partners, and they got to choose either a girl's name or a boy's name. Their responses were quite interesting and they have certainly given us some chuckles. Here are some of the highlights. (Spelling and grammar errors have been left in for comedic purposes.) Most Unique Supporting Details "Isabella is a perfect name because Queen Isabella helped supply Colombus for his trip across the sea. When we were younger we wished that there were famous people with our names. Many people may think Isabella is a weird name, but we think it is very beautiful." "I picked the name Tera because it is easy to spll , and Tera sownds like she will be smart like her mother. Her mother is so smarte . And she will want to be a techer like her." (This child obviously ...