Skip to main content

First Vacation as Family of Four

We recently returned from a trip to TN, where we visited with both of our families a bit.  Both kids did wonderfully in the car which made the whole adventure much easier on us!  We had fun hiking, swimming, and hanging out.  We watched the Olympics.  (Leah's rhythmic gymnastics impressesions are pretty excellent.) And Ryan and I even got to go out to dinner for our 5th anniversary! 

Now it seems the summer is ending already...the weather has cooled down a lot by us, and Ryan is back to school.  We're hoping for a few more warm days so we can get a few more runs down the slip and slide in...although I've been told by a certain three-year-old that I shouldn't do the slip and slide yet because my belly is "still just a liiiiiittle bit poofy."  Yep, poofy.  Well, she did say this will all the love and concern in her little heart!














Comments

Grandma Dainty said…
Yes! I have been waiting oh so patiently for an update and more pictures, so thank you so much! I am so happy you had a fun vacation. We are so blessed. Love and miss all of you!

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Persuasive Essays

My sixth grade class has been working on persuasive essays this quarter, and one of their first assignments was to write a persuasive piece on what Mr. and Mrs. Dainty should name their baby! They worked in partners, and they got to choose either a girl's name or a boy's name. Their responses were quite interesting and they have certainly given us some chuckles. Here are some of the highlights. (Spelling and grammar errors have been left in for comedic purposes.) Most Unique Supporting Details "Isabella is a perfect name because Queen Isabella helped supply Colombus for his trip across the sea. When we were younger we wished that there were famous people with our names. Many people may think Isabella is a weird name, but we think it is very beautiful." "I picked the name Tera because it is easy to spll , and Tera sownds like she will be smart like her mother. Her mother is so smarte . And she will want to be a techer like her." (This child obviously ...