Skip to main content

Wyatt's First Week Home

Wyatt is a whopping ELEVEN days old, and we have been home from the hospital for a week, enjoying our first days as a family of four.  Wyatt's first outing was to his one week check-up at the doctor's office.  He is eating like a champ, and has already surpassed his birth weight - he is now 7lbs, 13oz.  Other than that, we've mostly been holed up inside due to the incredible heat we're having.  Ryan and Leah have had a few outings to the store, or to go swimming, etc. so she doesn't go stir crazy.  Meanwhile, there has been lots of books being read, a good number of crafts, lots of naps, and occasional visitors stopping by to meet our little guy.  Here are a few pictures that I've managed to snap...

The day we arrived home from the hospital.
Think these guys look anything alike??

So far Wyatt sleeps pretty well in his bassinet!

Proud big sister!

Lucy is the ever-present guardian of little Wyatt, just as she was with Leah.




Wyatt meets his Aunt Teresa!

...And his Opa

Comments

Grandma Dainty said…
Oh so precious! Lucy is such a great dog and Leah a wonderful big sister!
I love the pic of leah holding him---be still my heart!!
Kyle Mecher said…
So cute, Ryan and Nikki! I love the name Wyatt!

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Six Months

Our little Leah is 6 months old!  Ok, and she's not so little.  She weighed in at 17 lbs. 12 oz. and is in the 80th percentile for weight and the 90th for height.  We get good arm workouts carrying her around.  In other news, we are both done with school until the fall and are looking forward to a summer as a family.  We'll post more about the previous hectic weeks soon!   (Love this one! )