Skip to main content

Garden Update and Silly Pictures

Summer is flying by! July already! Our garden is growing like crazy, which is very exciting to Leah. We made these garden signs so we can remember what we planted, because the arugula, lettuce, and spinach are looking the same these days. Leah painted them, then we wrote the names of the plants, and sprayed 'em with a weather-proof coating. Now, if I could just get her to stop moving them around on me when we go out to play... :)





We get lots of pictures that look like this....
("Let ME see, Mama!")
And now and then, a real keeper. I love this one.
This next one was taken just after she "tooted,"
which she finds hilarious every time these days.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Aaawwww! You are so crafty and now green thumby! My Mother's Day plants are also growing and for me that's a miracle. The pictures always make me smile!
great pics--so adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Snow and Sesame Street

We woke up to sooooo much snow! The kind where you can't get the back door open and you have to shovel your way to the garage to get to the snowblower. Leah and Lucy were both pretty amazed - the snow is deep enough to swallow them both up! We played in the snow while Ryan, bless his heart, began excavating our house. Leah helped shovel us out for a while. What a trooper! Another recent fun event was going to see "Sesame Street Live" on New Year's Eve. We saw Elmo, Grover, the Count, and all of Leah's favorites. The music was pretty awesome - my favorite was a medley of "I love trash" and "We're moving trash," which is a song about decomposition sung by an R&B Beetle. Very fun - Leah was mesmerized.