Skip to main content

Snack time talk

I felt the need to record this conversation I had with Leah during snack time today.
(Note: Lissyment = Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty)

Leah: Mama, we gotta talk about Lissyment, allright?
Me: Okay, can you tell me about her?
Leah: Lissyment came in and she was like "Raaarrrrrrrrrr!" And she was scary!
Me: She is scary, isn't she?
Leah: Yeah, and I said, "I want fruit snacks!" And lissyment said, "NOOOOO! You CAN'T have fruit snacks!"
Me: Oh, why didn't she let you have fruit snacks?
Leah: And then, Lissyment chased the prince. And he was runnin. And then, she ruined my dress! My pretty dress!
Me: Maleficent ruined your dress?
Leah: Yeah, my pink one. She ripped it.
Me: How did that happen?
Leah: Um, because. She was a dragon.
Me: Oh, okay, that makes sense.
Leah: And her broke my necklace!
Me: Oh no!
Leah: And then...and then...lissyment went "gogogogogogogogogogogogogo" and then Lissyment went "AHHHH!" and she fell down. And then the prince went to the castle. And him gave Sleeping Beauty a KISS!
Me: That's a pretty wild story, Leah! Do you have an active imagination?
Leah: Um, yeah. I do. Can I have fruit snacks?

Comments

hannah joy said…
i love this! it makes me want to re-meet leah as a big girl!
miss you guys.
i am afraid now that lissyment will rip my blue dress and not let me have dessert----she is a mean one she is!

Popular posts from this blog

3 little monkeys!

These three are going to have lots of fun together! (And probably cause a decent amount of trouble! )

Close Encounters of the Pregnant Kind

I have found that something about a pregnant lady makes people say things that they wouldn't normally say. And, then of course, there is also a sudden decrease in personal space awareness. I am almost not surprised anymore when a stranger puts her hand on my belly for a prolonged amount of time in a public restroom while she tells me horror stories about delivering the 15 th of her 17 children. Here are a few of my favorite encounters: 1. An elderly man came over to me at the grocery store in the produce section looking very stern and asked me if I was trying to steal a watermelon. (He then broke into a semi-toothless grin.) 2. A kindergartner came running up to me while I was on recess duty, put her hand on my tummy and said, "Mrs. Dainty! I just saw your belly MOVING! Is that your baby? Is she having recess, too?" 3. Lucy (our dog) gave me several annoyed glances as she tried to snuggle up to me while we were watching TV and kept getting nudged in the face by t...

Persuasive Essays

My sixth grade class has been working on persuasive essays this quarter, and one of their first assignments was to write a persuasive piece on what Mr. and Mrs. Dainty should name their baby! They worked in partners, and they got to choose either a girl's name or a boy's name. Their responses were quite interesting and they have certainly given us some chuckles. Here are some of the highlights. (Spelling and grammar errors have been left in for comedic purposes.) Most Unique Supporting Details "Isabella is a perfect name because Queen Isabella helped supply Colombus for his trip across the sea. When we were younger we wished that there were famous people with our names. Many people may think Isabella is a weird name, but we think it is very beautiful." "I picked the name Tera because it is easy to spll , and Tera sownds like she will be smart like her mother. Her mother is so smarte . And she will want to be a techer like her." (This child obviously ...